WHAT IS LIFE COACHING?
Life Coaching is a collaboration between a qualified professional Life Coach and individuals or groups that supports the acceleration and achievement of specific goals. The broad category Life Coaching covers many types of coaching including; relationship coaching, health coaching, financial coaching, life purpose coaching, family coaching, business coaching, divorce coaching, and recovery coaching.
The coaching process addresses specific personal needs, projects, career, general conditions and transitions in the client’s personal life, relationships or profession by examining what is going on right now, discovering what the obstacles or challenges might be, and choosing a course of action to make your life be what you want it to be.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT ABOUT LIFE COACHING?
Life Coaching is different from consulting, advice, therapy, or counseling. In the life coaching model, we believe the individuals have the answers within themselves to solve their life’s greatest challenges even if the solutions seem obscure or hidden. The coach is there to facilitate you to find your own answers to life’s greatest tests. Coaches are skilled in knowing the right questions to ask and having the right tools and techniques to empower you to find those answers within yourself.
A common misconception is that coaching is the same as therapy, when in fact they are quite different. Therapy is intended to help people recover from emotional or other psychological disorders such as depression or anxiety. Coaching, on the other hand, is intended to help normal, healthy individuals achieve personal goals and accelerate their pace of success.
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT FROM COACHING?
No matter how much success or failure you have had in the past, Life Coaching can help you work on your dreams and goals for the future. Your Coach will help you develop a new life path and a personal improvement plan to accomplish your goals. You can look forward to seeing things you have not been able to see before and do things you thought were impossible up to now.
Life and Career Coaching works because it focuses you on exactly what you want to achieve and gets you there faster. You will gain new perspectives on challenges and how to overcome them. Most likely your thinking will be enhanced, you will let go of old habits that no longer serve you, and have a clear, decisive path toward success in the areas that matter to you the most. Consistent with the increased confidence you will experience are greater results in the areas of productivity, achievement and fulfilment in your personal and professional life.
WHO BENEFITS THE MOST FROM LIFE COACHING?
All types of people benefit form life coaching. It makes no difference what race, creed, age or social status you come from. What matters the most is your desire to change, willingness to participate, and the ability to do what it takes to make the changes necessary to propel your life forward. By consistently showing up, asking new questions, setting goals, tracking your results, and making some positive changes your life will get better
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR THE COACHING PROGRAM?
You qualify if the following applies:
- You have a strong desire to change and better yourself.
- Your income is under the Federal Guidelines for Poverty in the United States or
you have special circumstances that warrant working with a Life Coach.
- You are a reputable citizen who cares about yourself, your family and your community
- You agree to participate fully in the Coaching sessions.
- You read, understand and sign the Participation Agreement.
HOW DO I STAY QUALIFIED?
- You will stay qualified until your income level reaches 150% of the Federal yearly income guideline for poverty. Example: You are a single person. The current Federal Guideline is $11,500.00. You will have to earn $28,750 per year, before you become ineligible for the Coaching Program.
- You fully participate in the goal tracking software, staying current weekly.
- You notify your Coach if you cannot make a session 24 hours in advance. If you do not show for your coaching appointment 3 times in a two-month period, or you are late 3 times in two-month period, you may be disqualified.
- Being impaired or under the influence of legal or illegal drugs or alcohol during a Coaching session will be grounds for immediate disqualification.
WHO ARE THE STARS OF COURAGE COACHES?
Our coaches are either certified by Life Coaching Schools or have several years’ experience coaching, mentoring and training clients in a system similar to the Stars of Courage Coaching System. Our Coaches are skilled in active listening and qualified to support, encourage, challenge and motivate you to achieve your goals. They will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses, help you to move past any blocks, accelerate the pace of your success and celebrate the victories with you. The ultimate aim of the Coaching is to increase your opportunities to rise up out of poverty and into sustained prosperity.
WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR IN A COACH?
The most important qualities to look for in selecting a coach is someone with whom you feel you can easily relate to and trust. You will want to know if your values align and that you have a real sense of connection. Here are some questions you may want to ask the Coach.
- What is your coaching experience?
- What type of coaching do you specialize in?
- What are you passionate about?
- What is your philosophy about coaching?
- Can you give me some examples of your coaching success stories?
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
The process is quick and easy!
- Click on the Tab that says: BE A STAR.
- You will be contacted by a Coach to set an appointment.
- After you agree on a time and date, the Coach will give you access to the Stars of Courage Coaching Forms for you to complete. These forms are designed to help make your Coaching effective.
- You will receive up to a 45 minutes Exploration Session to experience the coaching process and determine if you and the Coach are a good match.
- Your Coach will teach you how to use the tracking system and help you set up a personal improvement plan. You and the coach will agree on times and dates for ongoing sessions.
- Note: Most sessions will be one-on one over the phone or web, although in-person coaching is available through some coaches.
- Session are generally from 30 to 45 minutes weekly.
- Some coaches specialize in Group Coaching which is also delivered over the phone, web or in person.
- Many of our coaches offer email support between sessions.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A COACHING SESSION?
You will come prepared to each session by making sure you know exactly what you would like to get out of the session. You will have written your goals for the session in the tracking system that is provided. During the session you and the coach will review your actions and achievements since the last session.
Together you will look at what worked and what didn’t work and the general progress toward your goals. Throughout the session, the Coach will help you explore all the possible options in achieving your goals using proven techniques to synergize with you and find options that you have not realized before. Then, you will explore new goals moving forward and look at what obstacles could possibly block your success. Lastly, you will enter into the tracking system your new goals and track the progress between your sessions.
Remember: You are the Star of your own life. You are the only expert in your life who truly knows who you are and what is absolutely best for you. Coaches are simply experts in the coaching process. Your coach will empower you to discover what your own personal “best” might be, but it will be up to you to take the actions necessary for your transformation and ultimate success
HOW LONG CAN I STAY IN THE PROGRAM?
You are eligible to stay in the program up to 3 years as long as you stay qualified. Our goal together is to help you achieve 150% of the federal guidelines for poverty in your area. And we want to help you maintain a sense of purpose and passion to achieve a sense of well-being, health, financial prosperity and have a life plan that works to create sustainable success in your life.
WHAT CAN I GET COACHED ON?
We have a diversity of Coaches who can superbly work with you on just about any aspect of life. Below are some areas you can get support with.
- Finance – increase income, get out of debt, build a financial plan
- Health & Wellness – develop a sleeping, eating, exercise plan
- Relationship – deepen your relationships or let go of them
- Self-Confidence – form a plan to build self-worth & self-esteem
- Career Change – create a career path based on your strengths
- Career Building – open up new career paths with specific timelines
- Balance – effectively balance your personal and professional life
- Self-Care – set up new boundaries and take care of your own needs
- Live Your Purpose – Realize who you are and why you are here
- Productivity – cultivate habits that truly empower you
- Spiritual – intentionally create and follow your own spiritual practices
- Hot Buttons – manage anger, upsets, frustration and stress
- Change – become empowered to overcome loss, sadness, and grief
- Parenting – develop a plan to become an effective parent
- Creativity – increase possibilities and see things differently
- Other – There are many other ways a life coach can help you
HOW MANY COACHING SESSIONS WILL I NEED?
This depends on what you want to achieve with your coaching. Most of our Stars come with a life changing goal in mind. In order to achieve this, we look at smaller goals, that need to be achieved each session, to move you closer to your overall goal. For some this may take three to six months, for others a year or two. It is a very personal decision based on your individual goals.
HOW CAN I GET THE BEST RESULTS?
To get the best results, it is important to show up with a positive attitude, expecting good things to happen and a focus on achieving your goals. Coaching gives you an opportunity to discuss issues that matter to you the most. You should look at the Coaching relationship as a long term endeavor. To get the most out of this or any relationship you will need to be totally open, trusting and honest. If the sessions are not going like you want, then let the coach know. You always have the power in the Coaching relationship to make it work or not.
Also, you will need to carve out the time to complete the goals and action steps you commit to. Some daily self-reflection time is important to notice what is working and not. Ultimately your level of courage and commitment will directly influence the speed and extent to which your goals will be realized and your life is changed for the better.