Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS LIFE COACHING?
The coaching process addresses specific personal needs, projects, career, general conditions and transitions in the client’s personal life, relationships or profession by examining what is going on right now, discovering what the obstacles or challenges might be, and choosing a course of action to make your life be what you want it to be.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT ABOUT LIFE COACHING?
A common misconception is that coaching is the same as therapy, when in fact they are quite different. Therapy is intended to help people recover from emotional or other psychological disorders such as depression or anxiety. Coaching, on the other hand, is intended to help normal, healthy individuals achieve personal goals and accelerate their pace of success.
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT FROM COACHING?
Life and Career Coaching works because it focuses you on exactly what you want to achieve and gets you there faster. You will gain new perspectives on challenges and how to overcome them. Most likely your thinking will be enhanced, you will let go of old habits that no longer serve you, and have a clear, decisive path toward success in the areas that matter to you the most. Consistent with the increased confidence you will experience are greater results in the areas of productivity, achievement and fulfilment in your personal and professional life.
WHO BENEFITS THE MOST FROM LIFE COACHING?
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR THE COACHING PROGRAM?
- You have a strong desire to change and better yourself.
- Your income is under the Federal Guidelines for Poverty in the United States or
you have special circumstances that warrant working with a Life Coach.
- You are a reputable citizen who cares about yourself, your family and your community
- You agree to participate fully in the Coaching sessions.
- You read, understand and sign the Participation Agreement.
HOW DO I STAY QUALIFIED?
- You will stay qualified until your income level reaches 150% of the Federal yearly income guideline for poverty. Example: You are a single person. The current Federal Guideline is $11,500.00. You will have to earn $28,750 per year, before you become ineligible for the Coaching Program.
- You fully participate in the goal tracking software, staying current weekly.
- You notify your Coach if you cannot make a session 24 hours in advance. If you do not show for your coaching appointment 3 times in a two-month period, or you are late 3 times in two-month period, you may be disqualified.
- Being impaired or under the influence of legal or illegal drugs or alcohol during a Coaching session will be grounds for immediate disqualification.
WHO ARE THE STARS OF COURAGE COACHES?
WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR IN A COACH?
- What is your coaching experience?
- What type of coaching do you specialize in?
- What are you passionate about?
- What is your philosophy about coaching?
- Can you give me some examples of your coaching success stories?
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Click on the Tab that says: BE A STAR.
- You will be contacted by a Coach to set an appointment.
- After you agree on a time and date, the Coach will give you access to the Stars of Courage Coaching Forms for you to complete. These forms are designed to help make your Coaching effective.
- You will receive up to a 45 minutes Exploration Session to experience the coaching process and determine if you and the Coach are a good match.
- Your Coach will teach you how to use the tracking system and help you set up a personal improvement plan. You and the coach will agree on times and dates for ongoing sessions.
- Note: Most sessions will be one-on one over the phone or web, although in-person coaching is available through some coaches.
- Session are generally from 30 to 45 minutes weekly.
- Some coaches specialize in Group Coaching which is also delivered over the phone, web or in person.
- Many of our coaches offer email support between sessions.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A COACHING SESSION?
Together you will look at what worked and what didn’t work and the general progress toward your goals. Throughout the session, the Coach will help you explore all the possible options in achieving your goals using proven techniques to synergize with you and find options that you have not realized before. Then, you will explore new goals moving forward and look at what obstacles could possibly block your success. Lastly, you will enter into the tracking system your new goals and track the progress between your sessions.
Remember: You are the Star of your own life. You are the only expert in your life who truly knows who you are and what is absolutely best for you. Coaches are simply experts in the coaching process. Your coach will empower you to discover what your own personal “best” might be, but it will be up to you to take the actions necessary for your transformation and ultimate success
HOW LONG CAN I STAY IN THE PROGRAM?
WHAT CAN I GET COACHED ON?
- Finance – increase income, get out of debt, build a financial plan
- Health & Wellness – develop a sleeping, eating, exercise plan
- Relationship – deepen your relationships or let go of them
- Self-Confidence – form a plan to build self-worth & self-esteem
- Career Change – create a career path based on your strengths
- Career Building – open up new career paths with specific timelines
- Balance – effectively balance your personal and professional life
- Self-Care – set up new boundaries and take care of your own needs
- Live Your Purpose – Realize who you are and why you are here
- Productivity – cultivate habits that truly empower you
- Spiritual – intentionally create and follow your own spiritual practices
- Hot Buttons – manage anger, upsets, frustration and stress
- Change – become empowered to overcome loss, sadness, and grief
- Parenting – develop a plan to become an effective parent
- Creativity – increase possibilities and see things differently
- Other – There are many other ways a life coach can help you
HOW MANY COACHING SESSIONS WILL I NEED?
HOW CAN I GET THE BEST RESULTS?
Also, you will need to carve out the time to complete the goals and action steps you commit to. Some daily self-reflection time is important to notice what is working and not. Ultimately your level of courage and commitment will directly influence the speed and extent to which your goals will be realized and your life is changed for the better.